Wednesday 1 March 2017

MOTD/ Part 2: Urban Decay - Electric Palette first impressions

Hello again my absolute favourite people! 

I'm so glad that we've finally hit the middle of the week, is it just me or does it seem to be going reaaaally slow? Anyhow, as promised i have finally gotten round to writing part 2 of my Urban Decay series and this is the one that i am super excited about. 

So i'm not gonna lie. One of my favourite things in the entire world is reviewing eyeshadow palettes. There's just something about a variety of colours that really gets me excited about all the makeup possibilities and combinations that you can't really do with any other makeup. Urban Decay's Electric Palette falls nicely into that category, with bright neon shades that just scream 'wear me'!



Included in this palette are 10 beautiful eyeshadows ranging from a bright sea blue to hot red, to some really lovely purple shades and even a reflective metallic silver. There's a huge mirror inside the compact and a duel-sided eyeshadow brush as well (which is pretty standard for an Urban Decay Palette). 




As you can see from the photos, the whole palette is full of pigmented eyeshadows which actually have a great texture and an even better colour payoff. Over the years i've used a lot of different shadows and many of them come across as chalky or difficult to blend, especially brighter colours. I didn't have a problem with these at all though. They were all very smooth and creamy in typical Urban Decay style.


There really isn't anything negative to say about this palette apart from the fact that if you want to create an everyday look using it, you will need to use shades from a different palette. Even with bright looks i still like to use a brown shade in my crease just to create a shadow effect and to bring everything together, which is something that the Electric palette doesn't have. So when i'm creating an everyday look i usually grab either my Naked or Naked 2 as well.




The palette comes in at £38 but you really do get what you pay for with this. I've used cheaper neon palettes in the past and the payoff really isn't great at all. 

Below are is a look i created using the shades Savage and Slowburn which are both absolutely gorgeous together or on their own. If you are into creating bold looks and love slightly more funky colours then i definitely recommend this palette and it has now become a staple in my beauty collection. 

I hope you enjoyed this review and have a wonderful day!










No comments: