Tuesday 21 March 2017

I finally switched my foundation, guess which one i picked?

Hey guys!!

 I can’t actually believe how long it’s been since I’ve posted, it makes me so sad that I haven’t had a lot of time to blog lately! Uni has got REAL this semester & it’s been my top priority, I’m back though & with a review of a product that I can’t believe I haven’t tried before! Finding a good foundation has been one of my problems for a long time now. 

Most of the time the foundation itself is too cakey and gives me a white cast in pictures or it’s just too oily and then exaggerates the dry patches on the face (weird I know). I’ve had so many problems with foundations over the years that I kind of just settled with one even though I wasn’t 100% happy with it.

I can’t believe I’m actually saying this, but I really do think I might have finally found the foundation that I’ve been searching for… 

REVLON COLORSTAY!




 What does Revlon claim about color stay foundation? 

“ColorStay™ Makeup with SoftFlex™ provides lightweight comfort, so you feel like you’re not wearing makeup. Looks fresh for up to 16 hours”. 

Price: £12.99 (I picked mine up from Superdrug but I think it’s a similar price everywhere).
Quantity: 30 ml

 Shades available:Ivory, Buff, Sand Beige, Nude, Natural Beige, Medium beige, Fresh beige, Golden Beige, Warm Golden, True Beige, Natural Tan, Early tan, Rich Tan, Golden caramel, Toast, Rich ginger.

There literally is a shade for every skin tone with I absolutely love. I picked up the shades Buff & Sand Beige. Sand Beige is perfect when I’ve applied a bit of fake tan and buff looks more natural when i haven’t tanned.

Before you go and buy a foundation make sure to understand your skin type (normal, oily, dry or combination). I chose the combination skin formula as I get very oily but have dry patches as well. You should also check if you have pink undertones or yellow undertones. Make sure to get a foundation that suits your undertones and something that doesn’t look ashy on the skin.


PROs of Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation:

 §  The shade selection is really good. Usually only high end brands have a wide range but Colorstay comes in an amazing 16 different shades.
§  Colorstay is available in two types – one for combination/oily skin, and for normal/dry skin.
§  The coverage is very good. I like heavy coverage but I also like it to feel light on my skin, which is exactly what it does!
§  The foundation stays on ALL day, and I literally mean all day! I wore mine from 8.30am this morning until 11pm & I only had slight oiliness.

CONs of Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation 

§  The foundation dries a tad quickly. You have to work quite fast on your face before it starts to dry.
§  The foundation doesn’t really give you the dewy finish that we all love. It’s almost like matt finish. Nevertheless, I really do love it

 I really am loving this foundation and I’m pretty bummed that I’ve waited so long to try it, but I got there in the end! Let me know in the comments if you’ve used this foundation and what you thought of it. I love reading your comments and really enjoy hearing your experiences with certain brands and products!

 Have a lovely Tuesday!

No comments: