Thursday 5 January 2017

10 ways to decorate a small room ( PART 1)



Good afternoon my loves, i hope you're all doing well! 

Christmas is finally drawing to a close and with the New Year in full swing i thought it would only be right for me to start the year off with yes, another list style blog post. I love a list and to further this obsession i've gone out and bought myself a ton of pretty little notebooks to write all my lists in! 

Anyway, todays post (as you can tell from the title) is going to be about ways you can decorate a small room, specifically a small bedroom. This is going to be the first of 2 parts, each will consist of 5 hacks. The next will be uploaded next week as i'm not back at uni yet and can't take any photos of my room!

As a university student i pretty much live in my bedroom (& Oceana) and to be honest, it's a pretty pokey little room. Not that i'm complaining though because i really do love my little space, it's just been a bit of a struggle to keep looking nice (and photogenic for blogging purposes). 

1. Under bed storage

I can't stress this point enough. Small rooms often lack storage space and having a bed that you can put either plastic tubs or drawers under are a 10/10 from me. As much as i would love you have all of my things on display all of the time, it's sometimes just not doable- unless you're going for the super cluttered, jumble sale look!

2. Light that room up!

The brighter and lighter a room is the bigger it'll look. The same as if you were to have mirrored wallpaper (in my dreams). So don't go painting your 4m x 3.8m bedroom with a burgundy paint, because believe me, it'll feel like your living in Harry Potters under stair cupboard. 

3. Take advantage of your walls 

Who says that you have to have your storage taking up the majority of the room by being horizontal? Tall bookshelves and storage units mean you don't lose any precious room space, but you also don't end up lacking places to put your belongings!

4.  Keep it tidy 

This might seem like an obvious one, but by keeping your room clean and clutter free you'll have far much more space (and who doesn't just love having a tidy room?).

5. Go monochromatic 

Okay, so yeah black can make a room look smaller, but if you use it in moderation and use it to accessorise a white room, you can really make it look a heck of a lot bigger! Paint your walls, trim, and detailing in different shades of one colour, such as white, off-white, and beige to expand a room. Light greys also work amazingly.

& the other five? They'll be in next weeks post along with lots of images of my current uni bedroom and how i've made it look bigger.








No comments: