Tuesday 1 March 2016

Personal: My experience with 'Titanic Tattoo'

Before we get started i just have to put out there how i can't believe it is already March?! This year is absolutely flying by, in a few weeks time we'll be saying goodbye to winter and hello to spring.


My Tattoo's

A little over 6 weeks ago i had two more tattoo's added to small, but growing collection. Both were done by an artist that works close to where i'm currently living, and his name is Darryl Tagoe. He's currently based at 'Titanic Tattoo' in Southampton and has done a really amazing job of the two that i have had done by him.



Above: My two brand new tattoos looking fresh and bloody

When i originally went into the shop i had two images that i had really loved for a while, and i wanted to be turned into something that was my own. I already have a tattoo on the inside of my arm, and wanted the two i was going to be getting to fit in with the colour of that one (i'll post an image of my older tattoo at the bottom). 

Darryl told me that he would change both of the designs so that they were similar to what i had shown him, but were different enough that they didn't look like a replica of someone else's work. 

When he showed me the finished designs i was over the moon, they were absolutely beautiful. Once i was happy with the designs, he sized them up and then began to find the best placements for them. After i was happy with that, it was time to begin (eeeek). 

The two tattoos took around 2.5 hours to complete, which was waay less than i expected! (i was booked into  a 3 hour slot) and oh was i grateful. After two and a bit hours of being tattooed, my arm was starting to become pretty tender and painful- not that it wasn't worth the pain! 

I'm still in love with them and would recommend Titanic Tattoo to anyone who is considering getting inked. The atmosphere is lovely and every single member of staff was super friendly (which is definitely something you want if you're going to be getting tattooed or pierced). 



Above: My older tattoo- by Jay Thurley

Have a fab Tuesday evening lovelies!

1 comment:

Tarnya said...

I LOVE YOUR TATTOO'S!! I'm about to have my own on my arm this week, a teenie tiny one, nothing as big as yours though.

xxx