Monday 4 September 2017

Does £3.99 foundation really work?!

So girls, and guys too! I'm finally back writing a post after literally months off. Working full time over the summer has really had an impact on my blog and I hate to say it,  but I've also just been a little bit lazy with it if I'm honest.  However,  my break is over and I'm so ready to put out a load of new content that you'll hopefully enjoy!

My first post back is focusing on something that I've noticed more and more over the past 3 months or so and it's been driving me absolutely crazy and I'm pretty certain it's a problem that a lot of you are also dealing with too.  Jumping straight into it,  why is it that I can't seem to find a half decent foundation?

Honestly finding a good foundation isn't the easiest of tasks, especially when it's something full coverage you're after.  I myself have struggled for years to achieve the perfect,  flawless skin look that you see on Instagram on the daily and I've got to the point where I'm thinking that 'enough is enough'! 

Personally,  I've tried a million and one different foundations (slight exaggeration) and I still haven't managed to find one that ticks all the necessary boxes. Having combination skin has become one of my biggest burdens and I leave the house looking powdery, only to come home from work looking like I've stuck my face in a deep -fat fryer.  It's like I literally cannot win when it comes to creating the perfect base make-up.

Now, quick little disclaimer for ya, I'm not usually one for gimmicks or buying things that are social media crazes but when I saw the Dermacol 'full coverage' foundation video that I'm sure a lot of you will have seen on Facebook, I kind of thought that I might as well try it seeing as I've pretty much tried everything else. 





Now,  straight off the bat let me just tell you that this stuff is only four quid. For such a low price I didn't have huge expectations for it, but I'd kind of given up all hope so it really was my last resort. Now,  let me tell you another thing-this stuff is honestly THE BOMB. 

Like,  GUUURL this foundation is insane I am officially SHOOK. I applied it to my bare face, no primer, no prep spray, nothing.  I'm sat here typing this,  8 hours after applying it and my make-up still looks hella good. It's not shiny or cakey (which I expected it to be because it's super thick) and it doesn't feel heavy on my face.  The only negative thing I will say is that my pores don't look amazing,  however I do suffer with large pores & I'm pretty sure I can solve that problem by using some of my trusty Benefit Porefessional.

The actual application of the product was pretty nice, the consistency is quite stiff which was kinda weird, but as soon as you begin to blend it, it turns super creamy and easy to work with. As i said previously, i used this foundation on its own- i didn't apply concealer over it like i would my usual foundation because i figured with it being SOO full coverage, using concealer as well might make my skin real unhappy. What i did do though was use my usual setting powder. I'm currently just using the matte finishing powder by Rimmel which you can pick up in Boots for  few quid, which as those of you who read my blog frequently will already know just how much i love that powder... it really does work like an absolute dream. 

So my final verdict on this product? A solid 8 out of 10. It's definitely not something i would want to wear every single day, purely because it's a little much for just going to uni, but for a night out- it's going to be my new staple i'm pretty sure. I'd also recommend using a primer under it if you struggle with large pores like myself, but aside from that i think it's a great foundation which is very good quality for the price. Shade wise, there are 13 to choose from. If you're very pale or have a darker skin tone you may struggle a little bit to find a perfect match which is a bit disappointing, but if your skin is in the mid-tones then there definitely isn't a shortage. 


Definitely let me know in the comments if you've tried this foundation and what you thought of it, and i'll keep you guys updated with how i get on using this!

Have a lovely Monday evening

x

No comments: