Tuesday 11 October 2016

Product Review: Collection Cosmetics

Hello again lovelies!

So if you follow me on Instagram you'll probably have seen that over the weekend i picked up a few new products from Collection Cosmetics (which i am totally so excited to share these with you) which i purchased from my local Boots store. 

I am an absolute sucker for drugstore make-up & as a student, i'm all for choosing max-factor over MAC. I also pride myself in being pretty damn good at hunting for and finding cheap alternative to high end beauty products...but somehow, along the way i completely missed out on this brand!

For those of you, like me who have/had no idea what Collection Cosmetics is - it used to be called Collection 2000. Sound familiar? After a little research i quickly realised that this is the brand that myself and my friends used as young teens, our fave product being the neon blue mascara that was taken off of us at school by an endless list of teachers who clearly just didn't understand a fashion statement...those were the days.

The first item that i picked up is the 'Fast stroke, Defining Lash Mascara'. I'm a big fan of small, plastic mascara wands, which is exactly what this one has & i'm not joking, i think it might beat Benefits 'They're real' mascara which has been my fave for a long time.

It coats each lash evenly and even when multiple coats are applied, it doesn't go clumpy or look like a spider has made itself at home on your face. It's also only 3.99, bargain!



Now, this second product is what i essentially went into Boots for after one of the concealers was bought to my attention by a friend on Facebook. The one that i initially wanted is the one in the tube, however they had completely sold out of my shade in the full size bottle. Instead of not buying the product i opted for this kit which does include the concealer that i was looking for, it's just a mini version and comes with two other shades and a setting powder.

To be completely honest, i'm not a huge fan of this particular kit. The colours of the concealers in the pans are just far too dark for my skin tone and feel quite oily on the skin which isn't great when i skin that is very prone to looking shiny throughout the day.

I'm not going to knock it completely though as i really do love the concealer that you get in the bottle. It's great when applied under the eyes and doesn't crease up even at the end of a long day. The consistency is smooth and feels like a primer when applied, which i also really love. I did find that you do need to blend it quickly as it does dry fast, however i don't think that is too much of an issue & definitely wouldn't put me off of buying it again. Good job Collection! This set is also only £3.99.



The final product that i chose is the 'Primed & Ready Invisible setting powder'. Now i have tried out a lot of setting powders and love one that keeps my face looking matte and as free from oil as possible. The one i've been using up until now is the Rimmel 'Stay Matte' powder, which is absolutely amazing when it's cold, however during the summer months it tends to turn into a hot mess.

I was actually really nicely surprised by this powder and it really did keep me shine-free almost all day! The only thing i will say is that it goes everywhere! I swirled my brush in it very lightly and did lose quite a bit of product, but for £3.99 i am not going to complain about that. For oily skin like mine this is an absolute dream, but if you have normal to dry skin, i feel as though it would simply stick to the dry areas and make it look flakey.


Overall,  i am super impressed with this brand and will most definitely be buying a lot more of their products to try out! I will be re-buying the mascara and the setting powder for sure & when Boots finally re-stock the full sized concealer i'll also be picking up one of those for myself!


Have a lovely evening!

Tash xo

No comments: